Child Support

Child Support Lawyer West Palm Beach FL

If your ex-spouse has not been making child support payments, you should speak to a child support lawyer, West Palm Beach, FL residents trust. These payments are designed to provide for your child’s needs, so it’s frustrating to not receive it. An experienced lawyer can help you receive the money that’s owed to you.

Consequences for Not Paying Child Support

While it would be nice if everyone made their child support payments on time, it doesn’t always work out this way. Courts impose harsh penalties for parents who don’t pay child support, including:

If a parent has refused to pay child support despite several warnings, the court may garnish his or her wages. They will contact the parent’s employer and instruct them to deduct child support payments out of their paychecks.

As a child support lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL can confirm, parents who don’t pay child support might not be able to get a passport. This can prevent them from traveling to other countries for leisure or business.

If a parent falls behind in child support payments, the child support agency may inform the Division of Motor Vehicles and have them suspend his or her driver’s license. Not having a license makes it much more difficult to get to work and other important places, especially if no public transportation is available.

If all other methods to collect child support have failed, the court may send the non-paying parent to jail. Unfortunately, the parent can’t work while in jail and still may not be able to pay child support.

What to Do If You’re Not Receiving Child Support

If your ex-spouse has not been making child support payments, you likely feel angry and frustrated. However, it’s important to stay calm and work towards a solution.

Start by addressing the issue with your ex-spouse. Politely ask your ex why he or she hasn’t been making child support payments. Your ex might have lost a job or has medical debt that’s making it difficult to pay child support. If you discuss the matter calmly, you may be able to come to an agreement.

If your ex isn’t willing to speak to you about the situation, you should get a child support lawyer involved promptly.

Schedule a consultation with a child support lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL. Call Farkas & Crowley today.

Mother and daughter embracing regarding Child Support

Looking for a criminal law firm? Farkas & Crowley, P.A. are the attorneys for you. They are extremely knowledgeable of the law and go the extra mile for their clients. Their expertise and impeccable work ethic are hard to beat. Available 24/7. Highly recommended.

-Marla Newman

Get In Touch


500 S. Australian Ave.
6th Floor
West Palm Beach, FL 33401


(561) - 444 - 9529


Mon - Fri: 9 am – 5 pm

Farkas & Crowley, PA

Criminal Defense & Family Law Lawyers