Drug Trafficking Lawyer West Palm Beach, FL
If you have been charged with trafficking drugs, you should talk to a drug trafficking lawyer West Palm Beach, FL residents trust. It’s a serious charge, and you need someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A lawyer can provide you with a strong defense and protect your legal rights.
What Is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking refers to the possession of certain quantities, sale, transportation and import of illegal drugs. It’s a felony can be both a state and federal crime. For example, if a person trafficked drugs across state lines, he or she may be charged federally.
What Are the Penalties for Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a more serious crime than simple drug possession and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Here are some of the consequences you may face:
- Prison Time: Drug trafficking can result in prison time, even if you’ve never been in trouble with the law before this. The court system takes drug trafficking very seriously and often sentences offenders to 10 or more years in prison. Drug trafficking often carries mandatory minimum sentences based on the quantity of drug trafficked. The more drugs you are caught trafficking, the longer your sentence may be.
- Fines: If you’re found guilty of trafficking, you may also have to pay fines, which are very expensive. These fines can range from $25,000 to $100,00 or more.
- Criminal Record: Even after you have served your sentence, a drug trafficking conviction can continue to negatively affect your life. For one thing, you may have trouble finding a job. Many employers may be weary of hiring someone with a drug trafficking conviction. You may also have trouble finding an apartment and may lose professional licenses.
Should You Hire a Lawyer?
If you’re facing drug trafficking charges, it’s critical to hire an experienced drug trafficking lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL. Here are some of the benefits to hiring one:
- Reduced Penalties: The penalties for drug trafficking are harsh. However, if you have a skilled lawyer on your side, you may be able to reduce your penalties. For instance, if you’ve never been in trouble with the law before this and only trafficked a small amount of marijuana, your lawyer may be able to get you on probation.
- Protection from the Police: After you’ve been charged with drug trafficking, the police will likely want to speak to you about your case. However, you shouldn’t do this without a lawyer present. Drug trafficking charges have serious penalties, and you don’t want to accidentally incriminate yourself. Your lawyer won’t allow the police to ask you illegal questions.
Schedule a consultation with a drug trafficking lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL today. Call Farkas & Crowley todays