Felony Law Firm West Palm Beach Florida
If you have been charged with a felony, you should consult a felony lawyer West Palm Beach, FL residents trust. A felony can negatively affect your life in many ways, so it’s good to have an experienced professional on your side. A lawyer can guide you through the process and protect your legal rights.
Consequences of a Felony Conviction
A felony conviction is nothing to take lightly.The consequences go far beyond spending time in jail. Here are some consequences of having a felony on your record:
- Difficulty Finding Employment: One of the biggest downsides of having a felony conviction is trouble getting a job. Many employers conduct background checks nowadays and may be reluctant to hire someone with a criminal record. This is especially true for positions that involve dealing with the public or money. Employers may see felons as less trustworthy and don’t want to take a risk hiring them.
- Trouble Getting an Apartment: Just like employers, many landlords and property management companies perform background checks on prospective tenants. They may be hesitant to rent to people with felonies on their records. They may believe they will commit more crimes on the premises or not pay their rent.
- Limited Travel Opportunities: If you’re someone who likes to travel and see new places, having a felony on your record may present a problem. Some countries won’t allow people who have certain criminal convictions, such as selling drugs. You might not be able to visit the places you want.
- Inability to Purchase Firearms: The right to bear arms is a constitutional right that many people in this country take for granted. With a felony on your record, you may never be able to purchase a gun again.
- Ruined Personal Relationships: A felony lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL has seen many people’s personal relationships suffer after a felony conviction. Some of your family or friends may see you in a negative light. They may lose trust in you and stop spending as much time with you.
Hiring a Lawyer
Since the consequences of a felony are so high, you can’t afford not to hire an experienced lawyer. Your lawyer will fully assess your case and provide you with a strong defense. He or she will provide protection against the police and guide you in the right direction.
If you are dealing with a felony charge, you should schedule a consultation with a felony lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL as soon as possible. Call Farkas & Crowley today.