POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA IN FLORIDA
ARRESTED WITH MARIJUANA? GET HELP WITH YOUR EXPERIENCED DRUG POSSESSION ATTORNEY WEST PALM BEACH.
In the state of Florida, it is a crime to possess marijuana. If you are arrested for possession, the amount you have on you at the time could determine if you are charged with a felony or misdemeanor.
The general rule is:
- 20 grams or less is a first-degree misdemeanor
- Anything over 20 grams is a third-degree felony
POSSIBLE PENALTIES YOU COULD FACE WITH MARIJUANA POSSESSION CHARGES
The penalties will depend on the amount of marijuana found in your possession and whether or not this is your first offense. Just some of the penalties you could face for possession of marijuana include:
- Misdemeanor – If you are convicted of a misdemeanor possession charge, you could face up to one year in jail, one year of probation, and a fine of up to $1,000.
- Felony – If convicted of a felony cannabis possession, you could face up to five years in prison, five years of probation, and up to $5,000 in fines.
- Driver’s License Suspension – While not a prison sentence, you could lose your driver’s license under Florida Statute 322.055. The Florida DHSMV could revoke your license for one year after a conviction.
If law enforcement also thinks you were in possession with the intent to sell or distribute, then the penalties of your charge could get much worse. Law enforcement officials will look for evidence of this, such as statements made, paraphernalia, and packaging equipment in your possession. Even if you do not have the intent to sell, you could be charged with such.
CONTACT THE DRUG DEFENSE TEAM AT FARKAS & CROWLEY TODAY
If you have been arrested for possession of marijuana, you do not want to face the harsh penalties of a guilty conviction. Contact the attorneys at Farkas & Crowley today for a free case evaluation.
We offer aggressive criminal defense when you are facing serious charges and have successfully defended hundreds of marijuana cases. We are ready to put our expertise to work and help you with your case.
PAY YOUR INVOICE
301 Clematis St
West Palm Beach, FL 33401