PROVIDING DRUG TRAFFICKING DEFENSE THROUGHOUT FLORIDA
Drug trafficking is the transport of illegal controlled substances from one location to another. Often this is for the purpose of distribution or sale. Drug trafficking does not mean you have to take drugs over Florida state lines. In fact, just transporting them from one city to another or between counties can qualify.In the state of Florida, drug trafficking crimes are punishable. If you are arrested for drug trafficking, you cannot risk putting your freedom in the hands of just any attorney.
COMMON DRUGS FOUND IN TRAFFICKING CASES
In Florida, any controlled substance taken from one place to another can be considered trafficking, but some of the more common drugs include:
- Cannabis (marijuana)
PENALTIES FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING
Florida has minimum mandatory sentences for drug traffickers. These are based on the amount found in your position. Some of the penalties you could face include:
- Marijuana – Up to 15 years in prison and up to $200,000 in fines.
- Cocaine – Up to 15 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines.
- GHB – Up to 15 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines.
- Hydrocodone – Up to 25 years in prison and up to $500,000 in fines.
- LSD – Up to 15 years in prison and up to $500,000 in fines.
- Ecstasy – Up to 15 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines.
POTENTIAL DEFENSES TO A DRUG TRAFFICKING CASE
If you are arrested for drug trafficking, there may be several defenses you can use. You should always consult a criminal defense attorney
before assuming that you qualify for one of these defenses and a skilled attorney will review your case to look for potential defenses.
CONTACT A DRUG TRAFFICKING DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN FLORIDA NOW
If you have been arrested for drug trafficking, contact the attorneys at Farkas & Crowley today. We offer free case evaluations
and are here to protect your rights. Call us at 561-444-9529 now.