WEST PALM BEACH DUI ATTORNEYS
LOCATED IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL AND SERVING CLIENTS THROUGHOUT FLORIDADUIs come with very serious penalties in Florida. Whether this is your first offense or your fourth, you need an experienced criminal defense team by your side. An attorney will protect your rights and possibly help keep your license.What is a DUI Under Florida Law?Driving Under the Influence or DUI is when a person is driving while under the physical control of alcohol or another controlled substance. If the individual’s blood alcohol level is 0.08 percent or higher, then he or she is guilty of a DUI. A person does not have to be drunk to be arrested for a DUI.The Penalties of a DUIThe penalties for a DUI can be harsh, especially if this is not your first DUI offense. That is why it is critical that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney by your side. The DUI penalties handed down the by courts are based on how frequently you are convicted of DUIs and the severity of each offense.You could also be subjected to administrative penalties from the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, which could include financial and personal penalties.Picture of the Penalties of a DUIJust some of the penalties you could face include:
- First Offense – Up to $1,000 in fines, 180 days license suspension, six to nine months in jail, community service, probation and an interlock device.
- Second Offense – Up to $4,000 in fines, one year probation or one year jail time, impounded vehicle, interlock device for one year, and more.
- Third Offense – Up to $5,000 in fines, one year jail time or probation, ten years license suspension, two years of an interlock device.
- Fourth Offense – Up to $5,000 in fines, one year jail time and probation up to five years, ten-day impoundment, two-year interlock device, and DUI Counter Attack School.
- Challenging the police officer’s stop
- Challenging any field sobriety tests that were administered
- Challenging the accuracy of the breathalyzer – these are often left inaccurately calibrated and can result in inaccurate BAC levels.
- Suppressing any statements you made to the police
- Suppressing evidence that may be used against you
PAY YOUR INVOICE
301 Clematis St
West Palm Beach, FL 33401