LOCATED IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL AND SERVING CLIENTS THROUGHOUT FLORIDA
DUIs come with very serious penalties in Florida. Whether this is your first offense or your fourth, you need an experienced criminal defense team by your side. An attorney will protect your rights and possibly help keep your license.What is a DUI Under Florida Law?Driving Under the Influence or DUI is when a person is driving while under the physical control of alcohol or another controlled substance. If the individual’s blood alcohol level is 0.08 percent or higher, then he or she is guilty of a DUI. A person does not have to be drunk to be arrested for a DUI.The Penalties of a DUIThe penalties for a DUI can be harsh, especially if this is not your first DUI offense. That is why it is critical that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney
by your side. The DUI penalties handed down the by courts are based on how frequently you are convicted of DUIs and the severity of each offense.You could also be subjected to administrative penalties from the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, which could include financial and personal penalties.Picture
of the Penalties of a DUIJust some of the penalties you could face include:
- First Offense – Up to $1,000 in fines, 180 days license suspension, six to nine months in jail, community service, probation and an interlock device.
- Second Offense – Up to $4,000 in fines, one year probation or one year jail time, impounded vehicle, interlock device for one year, and more.
- Third Offense – Up to $5,000 in fines, one year jail time or probation, ten years license suspension, two years of an interlock device.
- Fourth Offense – Up to $5,000 in fines, one year jail time and probation up to five years, ten-day impoundment, two-year interlock device, and DUI Counter Attack School.
What Are My Defense Options?DUIs do not always make it to trial. In your case, your attorney may be able to challenge it long before it ever sees the inside of a courtroom. Just some defense options you may have include:
- Challenging the police officer’s stop
- Challenging any field sobriety tests that were administered
- Challenging the accuracy of the breathalyzer – these are often left inaccurately calibrated and can result in inaccurate BAC levels.
- Suppressing any statements you made to the police
- Suppressing evidence that may be used against you
Contact the DUI Defense Team at Farkas & Crowley TodayIf you have been arrested for a DUI offense, the criminal defense team at Farkas & Crowley has special knowledge regarding DUI law. As experienced trial attorneys with years of experience in the prosecutor’s office, we can help you defend your rights and reach the best possible outcome for your case.Arrested for a DUI Offense? If You Need Help Call 561-444-9LAW