WEST PALM BEACH GRAND THEFT ATTORNEY
PROVIDING HELP FOR CLIENTS SURVIVING GRAND THEFT CHARGES IN WEST PALM BEACH AND THROUGHOUT FLORIDA
Grand theft is a crime that involves taking property that does not belong to you that is valued for more than $300. In order for the state to prove you are guilty of grand theft, they must prove several intentions, including:
- You knowingly deprived a person of his or her right or benefits to that property;
- The property was stolen for personal gain;
- You had no legal right to take that property.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR GRAND THEFT?
In Florida, there are three degrees of grand theft charges and they are based on the value of the property stolen. These include:
- First Degree Grand Theft – This is when the valuable is worth more than $100,000. As a Level 7 offense, you could face up to 30 years in prison, 30 years of probation, and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second Degree Grand Theft – This is when the property is worth less than $100,000 but still more than $20,000. You could face a max sentence of 15 years in prison or probation as well as a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third Degree Grand Theft – This is when the property is worth less than $20,000 but still more than the threshold of $300. You could have five years’ probation or a max of five years in prison as well as fines up to $5,000.
Also, you could face civil lawsuits and be forced to pay restitution for the stolen property.
HIRE THE GRAND THEFT CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS AT FARKAS & CROWLEY TODAY
If you have been arrested for grand theft, contact the attorneys at Farkas & Crowley right away. We will aggressively protect your rights and help create a defense. With the harsh penalties associated with this type of crime, do not wait; contact us today for your free case evaluation.
PAY YOUR INVOICE
301 Clematis St
West Palm Beach, FL 33401